Thursday, April 23, 2009

Battle of the whine.

I think he sees my weak and tired state today, so he wants to push me to see if I'll break. He's in his pen right now, which is basically the whole kitchen and part of the living room, not exactly a prison. He's been crying and howling now for at least half an hour, but I can't give in. He's got to learn that whining isn't acceptable in this house, especially since -I'm- not even allowed to do it. He's even trying to trick me into thinking he's asleep, which I'll wait until he actually IS to take down the puppy gate.

On the plus side, we found out that he can hold his bladder for a little over 4 hours now comfortably, which is pretty good for a dog his age. I set my alarm to go off every 2 hours during the night to take him outside, we really don't want any accidents in the bedroom. (He's had two in the living room now, both caught in the act and taken outside. He'll learn quickly, and I'm still impressed with his already learned behaviors.

Bwahahaha I just had a staring contest with him from across the room, and he started to doze off... I win.

--------

More Likes:

His big fluffy bed
Giraffe squeak toy
Ice cubes / Popsicles
Pupperoni

More Dislikes:

Being put on his side in submission
Me falling down the hill outside (although he might have been laughing, I couldn't tell. )
Wet stairs
Your mom
The neighbors' dog barking

No comments:

Post a Comment